Do you love reading as much as we do? By joining our family partnership program, you can enjoy many of the resources to support your child through their reading journey, while also giving back to those in need. We offer three ways to partner with us: Join as a BMABHK Family Member, Ambassador and/or Junior Staff Writer.
Why Become a Member?
Benefits of Family Membership
- Access for you and your child (0-14) to borrow high quality Chinese and English books from our Find Me a Book site, many of which are not available in local bookstores
- A birthday book delivered directly to your home for each of your child, selected according to your child’s age and interest
- 1 x complimentary parent training for both parents on “Building Life-Long Readers”
- Priority booking and discounts to events and workshops run by us and our partners
Note: Each family member can borrow up to eight books each time
About Ambassador Program
- In 2020, 13-year-old Christian Yeung was bored at home with not much to do during these challenging times so he decided to turn his passion into something meaningful. He organized his own cooking project to raise funds for Bring Me A Book Hong Kong to combine his two passions, cooking and reading!
- Christian’s project has inspired us to launch our BMABHK Ambassador program in five simple steps as outlined here.
Junior Staff Writers
About Junior Staff Writers
Our Junior Staff Writers Program engages students aged 9 years old and up to help us to continue making our book selections robust by writing descriptions and reviews of our recommended titles.
As a Junior Staff Writer, you can choose from two options:
- Junior Reviewer: write short blurbs, no more than 40 words, about the books found in our search engine, Find Me A Book. The review should excite other children to read them as they will be shared on our search engine and social media posts, as shown below.
- Junior Writer: write book descriptions, no more than 80 words, from our new batch of books, which are released each quarter on our Find Me A Book site. These descriptions are essential to help guide parents and educators to choose the best books for their children/students.
I have known about BMAB’s great work for a number of years now and have been impressed with its growing social impact in the Hong Kong community over time. Ever since Brandon joined BMAB’s Family Membership program five years ago, he has turned into a voracious and speedy reader, and it is because of the habits he has gained from reading books borrowed from BMAB! And I’m not saying this lightly!
BMABHK Family Member and Founder of Asia Value Advisors
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To borrow and browse our book selection, you need to visit our member’s library during opening hours: Mon-Fri 9.30am-5.30pm (except public holidays).
The location is at Bring Me a Book Hong Kong office: 21/F Greatmany Center, 109-112 Queens Road East, Wanchai. Our staff are on-site and will help you check in/check out books or recommend titles for your child/students.
As BMAB office and library is in a co-working space, we would like to minimize disruption. However, if it is a short visit (under 20 minutes) and you can keep your voices low, it is fine to bring friends or your child.
You can borrow up to SIX books each time from the designated “Membership Shelves” at the BMAB office for a period of up to 14 days.
Overdue fine is imposed on each book that is returned late. The charge is $8 per day or part of a day for each book that is borrowed.
If any borrowed book is lost, stolen or damaged, the borrower shall be liable to pay Bring Me a Book Hong Kong the book cost, delivery charge and $100 administration fee.
No, the main reason is because we customize our libraries and select books to match the needs of our target groups, depending on age, language preferences and interests of the kids. As such, these books become absolute treasures for our beneficiaries – the best quality books they have ever had the enjoyment of reading in their lives!
For those looking for second-hand books donation options, please try: