5 – 9 Aug 2019: Special Creative Writing and Publishing workshop
Hosted by ECP, for BMABHK Family Members and friends!
Aesop’s fable, “The Lion and the Mouse”, proves that even the king of the jungle needs help sometimes—and help can come from where you least expect. The truth is that small things count, whether it’s that extra pair of helping hands in The Turnip or the tiny flea that wakes everyone up in The Napping House. Students in this creative writing and publishing workshop will explore how the teeniest tiniest among us can accomplish great things.
- Develop creativity and collaboration through a workshop environment
- Learn to look at own work critically and consider how to improve it
- Gain confidence as a writer by writing and publishing a story in a booklet for a real audience
- Express ideas with detail and follow a simple story structure
- Improve writing skills through individualised feedback from the teacher
- Correct identified technical errors in their work to prepare writing to be published
- Learn and apply different planning and writing techniques, including showing characters’ thoughts and feelings, zooming in and out of a scene, and reversing expectations.
Suitable for children aged 6 – 8
Dates: Aug 5 – 9, 2019
Time: 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Venue: Bring Me A Book Hong Kong Office
(7/F, On Lan Center, 11-15 On Lan Street, Central, Hong Kong)
Price: $2600 for BMAB Family Members; $2925 for non-members