Bring Me A Book™ Hong Kong is the leading advocate for family literacy in Hong Kong
We founded in 2006, is a non- profit organization and an affiliate of Bring Me A Book™ Foundation, which is a 501 (c) (3) award winning literacy non-profit headquartered in Mountain View, CA, USA. It was founded by Judy Koch in 1997.
We envision a Hong Kong in which every child is read to, strengthening family and community bonds, and creating a love of learning.
Bring Me A Book™ Hong Kong uses evidence-based research to provide:
- Transformational trainings for parents and educators
- The best Chinese and English children’s books
- Quality programs to access authors and literacy experts
To enrich the lives of ALL in the Hong Kong community
- Reading to children helps to prepare them for success in school and life.1
- Reading aloud with young children can enhance parent-child relationships and prepare young minds to learn language and early literacy skills.2
- Reading aloud to children is one of the most important things a parent can do to increase the bond between parent and child.2
- Hong Kong children have high rates of ability in reading comprehension, but the lowest rates in the world in pleasure derived from reading.3
“More than any other skill, the ability to read is fundamental to successfully navigating the school curriculum. Moreover, it is central to shaping each individual’s trajectory through life, his or her economic well being, and the ability to actively and fully participate in broader society.”
Progress in International Reading Literacy Study, 2011
Bring Me A Book™ Hong Kong is a registered charity under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance [IR File Number 91/8143].
1 The Contribution of Early Years Bookgifting Programmes to Literacy Attainment: A Literature Review Burnett, C., Daniels, K., Bailey, C., January 2014 2American Academy of Pediatrics, August 2014 3 Progress in International Reading Literacy Study, 2011
Back to top